Jefferson County Coordinated Transportation Plan for Mobility Services
The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) requires that a County Transit Plan be developed in order to be eligible for projects under certain federal programs such as the Section 5310 program (Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities).
Additionally, the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) on behalf of the FTA requires that Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPO’s) submit updated or amended Local Coordinated Plans a minimum of every four (4) years.
Therefore in June of 2016, the WJCTC formally endorsed the Jefferson County Coordinated Transportation Plan for Mobility Services. A copy of this plan along with the supporting resolution may be found at the link below.
View/Download the Plan
A draft of the new Jefferson County Coordinated Transportation Plan is available for public review and comment. The deadline for feedback will be Thursday November 4, 2021.
Public Comment Sessions:
- Tuesday, Nov. 2, 1:00 to 3:30 p.m., Northern Regional Center for Independent Living, 210 Court St., Watertown, NY
- Tuesday, Nov. 2, 5:00 to 6:00 p.m., Hawn Memorial Library, 220 John St., Clayton, NY
- Wednesday, Nov. 3, 12:00 to 1:00 p.m., Village of Alexandria Bay Offices, 110 Walton St., Alexandria Bay, NY
- Thursday, Nov. 4, 10:00 to 11:00 a.m., Town of Champion Municipal Building, 10 N. Broad St., West Carthage, NY
- Thursday, Nov. 4, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m., Sackets Harbor Ballroom, 103 W. Main St., Sackets Harbor, NY
- Thursday, Nov. 4, 3:00 to 4:00 p.m., Town of Adams Offices, 3 S. Main St., Admas, NY
All comments/questions may be directed to :
Brandi Smith - Greater Watertown Mobility Manager
Phone: (315) 778-5217